Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Reminder of Tinnitus Awareness Week

Tinnitus Awareness Week is May 19-25. The ATA's resource center for TAW:

http://www.ata.org/taw2013.

Please check it out.

This past weekend was very stressful for me, Mother's Day became a day filled with emotions and anxiety. I noticed that my tinnitus got really loud and moved into the other ear! OMG, I panicked. I knew I had to de-stress with meditation, walk on the beach and pray for silence. I drank lots of water all day; thankfully it calmed down. Today it is a whisper. I am so thankful for God, yoga and good nutrients. Tinnitus definitely elevates when our emotions take over. I am grateful for the awareness and having tools in my box to help me when these situations occur.

Pain is inevitable, misery is optional.

Please get as much information as you can and share it with all of us suffering from this awful NOISE!

:)

Denise

1 comment:

  1. "Today it is a whisper." - that's more profound than you intended? Hope to see more entries! :) Baldylocks

    ReplyDelete