Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yoga and Tinnitus

Many might think that being in a quiet yoga room would actually make our tinnitus louder. I have been doing yoga since my knee replacement in July (of course after rehab) and not only has the yoga helped my knee stretch and be stronger, it quiets my ear as I am so focused on my intentions of having peace and serenity and recovery in the rest of my body!

As with everything, something that works for one person might not work the same for another,  but I thought I would share how it has become very important part of my everyday routine. I enjoy the meditations and the music. They help to empower myself and my mind. It gives me courage and strength and control over all my conditions!

Little by little I am changing my diet...testing things that I like to eat and drink and how they affect the sound in my ear.. I am cutting down on caffeine, red wine so far!  Not ready to give it all up at once! LOL Drinking lots of water also helps.

The real key for me is to be stress free. Not always easy, but possible. It depends on you!

Laughter is a wonderful remedy...I have done laughing meditation. It's contagious!!! TRY IT...

We are all on this journey together....One day at a time.

Have a wonderful evening!

1 comment:

  1. Laughter!!!! Great post, Denise. So positive and so much commitment. High-fives and finger-snaps! :)

    ReplyDelete